Before Booking Please Read Below
Terms & conditions
Cal Explore's Pre-Planned Tours are designed for active adults 18 years of age and older. Tours often require moderate walking or physical activity each day, as well as adherence to a schedule.
Cal Explore Charter Trips are fully customized to meet the groups needs. For more information on charters please see the 'What We Do' page.
Pre-Planned Tours are operated by Cal Explore Tours of Long Beach, CA. Ground transportation to/from Long Beach and surrounding areas to destinations are also operated by Cal Explore Tours, unless otherwise specified. Any additional transportation provided (train, ferry, cable car, aerial tram, jeep, etc) as part of a pre-planned excursions, all sight-seeing excursions, attractions, restaurants, hotel accommodations, theaters, and other travel related service providers are furnished by individual service providers and we act only as agent for the contractors providing the services. Cal Explore Tours shall not be held liable for failure to perform, loss of or damage of property, or injury to person, resulting from the performance of those contractors, their employees or servants. By utilizing the services of the suppliers, you agree that your remedy is directly with the suppliers and not with Cal Explore Tours. Cal Explore Tours shall not be held liable to refund monies beyond what is refunded back to Cal Explore Tours for the bargained service. Additionally Cal Explore Tours waives any and all liability for losses or expenses due to sickness, lack of medical facilities or practitioners, weather, strikes, theft or other criminal acts, war, terrorism, computer problems, acts of God, or other such causes.
These tour programs are planned in advance. If between planning time and the actual tour operation, circumstances beyond our control require changes, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and/or substitute components of our tour programs. Cal Explore Tours reserves the right to withdraw any tour at any time.
Cal Explore Tours reserves the right at any time to dismiss anyone from the tour whose conduct has become injurious to the welfare and pleasure of other tour participants. The dismissed person must make their own arrangements for return home at their expense. No tour refund will be made.
If you choose to leave a vehicle at a determined departure point, you do so at your own risk. Cal Explore Tours will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to your vehicle.
Full and final payment for a reservation on a tour, and/or your participation in any part of a tour, constitutes consent to all provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the understanding of Cal Explore Tours' Cancellation Policy.
For Pre-Planned Trips - There is usually no penalty charge for cancellations 10 days or more prior to departure, regardless of reason. If you cancel within 10 days from departure, and we are able to fill your space, we will refund in full. If you cancel within 10 days and we cannot fill your space, we can only refund un-used, refundable, lodging, meals and attractions where we are not charged. For unique events or specialized tours, cancellation charges will be in line with that of other company’s policies, when they are contracted. No refunds will be given for cancellations within 72 hours of departure, “no shows”, or for cancellation after a tour begins.
For Charter Trips - A $100 deposit is required to hold a date. If the trip is cancelled 14 or more days prior to trip departure, the deposit will be fully refunded. A partial refund, of $50, will be returned for cancellations made 7 - 13 days prior to departure and no refund of the deposit for cancellations within 6 days of departure.
frequently asked questions
baggage, Attire, etc.
Where do Cal Explore Tours depart from?
For Pre-planned trips, departure points will depend on where the guests are coming from. This will be arranged a week or two prior to the trip and will be communicated via a confirmation e-mail.
For Charter/Private Trips a departure point will be established with the group lead contact at the time of booking.
What can I expect:?
- A friendly and competent driver/tour guide that will not talk your ear off.
- Clean and comfortable transportation.
- Well planned and coordinated trips.
- A mixture of group activities and some free time.
- Complementary water on the road.
- Opportunities to take photographs and purchase souvenirs.
What to bring:
- Baggage: Each tour participant is allowed 1 small suitcase (on overnight trips) and a small carry-on bag. For day trips, please limit baggage to one personal item such as a backpack, small duffel bag, or day bag/purse.
- Clothing: Many of the trips visit different climates in a single day, going from comfortable temperatures along the coast (60 - 70'F) to hot temperatures in the deserts and valleys (85-100'F) and cooler temperatures in the mountains (40 - 50'F). As such, plan to dress in layers to keep you comfortable.
- Shoes: Many of our trips require a bit of walking. Please wear or bring appropriate foot wear for the trip you select.
- Personal items: Please bring your own personal items such as camera, sunscreen, hat, snacks and water for any day hikes, and any toiletries or medicines you require.
- Emergency Information Form. Please print out, complete this form and turn in on the day of departure. This form is only used, in the unlikely event a family member needs to be contacted or the participant requires medical attention.