Cal Explore Tours is a Long Beach, CA based business. We specialize in day and half-day trips as well as overnight weekend trips perfect for those that want to see some of the greatest sights, state and national parks, beaches and coastal towns, and other fun cities within a days journey from Southern California.
Limiting groups to a maximum of 10 people we offer a smaller more intimate travel experience, fostering an atmosphere to create friendships and lasting memories, while exploring some of the top destinations with a friendly and knowledgeable California native as your guide.
We offer Pre-planned trips, which are listed on our Upcoming Tours page as well as fully customizable and private charter trips.
Are great for groups of 6 -10 that are looking for a fully customizable half and full day experience. A menu of trip ideas are listed below or fully customize your own group experience. To book one of these trips, please call or e-mail us for availability. Pricing for half day trips (up to 5 hours) is $350 and Full day (up to 10 hours) is $600 and includes transportation for up to 10 people, personalized trip planning, up to two pick-up points, complimentary water and a reliable and professional driver. All other costs associated with the trip (admission, activity fees, meals, etc.) will be the responsibility of the individual guest, unless otherwise arranged in advance. Extra hours added to half-day trips is $100 per hour up to max of $600 for the day and must be requested at time of booking. A $100 deposit is required to hold a date.
Half day trip ideAs:
- Transportation to/from Concerts, Theatre Performances or Sporting Events
- Girl’s Trip - Lunch & Shopping or Wine & Spa Afternoon
- Guy’s Trip - Breakfast & Surf or Car Museum
- Visit a museum, attraction or garden in Los Angeles
- Watch a live taping of your favorite show or take a Studio Tour in Los Angeles
Full Day Trip Ideas:
- Wine Tasting in Temecula or Santa Ynez Valley
- Shop, Dine and Relax in Santa Barbara
- Old Town, Balboa Park and Downtown San Diego
- Race Day at Del Mar or Santa Anita Race Track
- Flower fields, strawberry picking and picnic on the beach in Carlsbad (Seasonal)
- Big Bear Ski or Hike Day
- Ride the Aerial Tram with shopping and dining in the Downtown Palm Springs area
- Visit two museums in Los Angeles area (Huntington Library, Getty Center or Villa, Griffith Observatory, LACMA, etc.)